Microsoft Office 365
Washington and Lee University now has a set of powerful email, web, and collaboration tools that can help you work faster and gain skills for the workplace. Microsoft Office 365 includes your favorite Office features online and allows you to create sophisticated reports and presentations, collaborate in real time with classmates, and share and edit documents from your phone, PC, or Mac. Office365 is free while you are a student.
Microsoft upgraded your account September 14.
NOTE once your account has been migrated you may need to update settings on your phone, iPad, etc. where you receive your mail.
What does this mean for you?
After the upgrade you will have two separate accounts with the same user name and password that you use to access Live@edu.
- Office365 account. This account gives you access to your school email. Washington & Lee University administers this account.
- Personal Microsoft account. This personal account will give you access to all your existing SkyDrive content, Messenger, and other Microsoft services. Note that Washington & Lee University no longer administers this account. As a result, we cannot reset the password for you.
How will I access my account?
To access your email through a web browser, the URL for undergraduates and alums is http://outlook.com/mail.wlu.edu. The URL for law students and alums is http://outlook.com/law.wlu.edu. You should be able to use those URSs now and continue to use them after the upgrade.
What should you expect?
- Email. We will continue to use Microsoft Outlook Web App or Microsoft Outlook to view and send email, but you will sign in at a different website.
- File sharing. We will use Microsoft SharePoint Online for sharing files and Office Web Apps for creating and reading documents.
- Instant messaging and online meetings. We will use Microsoft Lync Online for both instant messaging and online meetings.
What do you need to do?
Complete the following steps:
- If you are using a version of Internet Explorer 7 or earlier you must upgrade to a newer version of Internet Explorer. Run Windows update to get latest version.
- If you use Outlook to read your email and you are using Microsoft Office 2003, upgrade to Outlook 2010 to continue using Outlook.
- Access your email and calendar at https://www.outlook.com/mail.wlu.edu.
- Sign into SkyDrive at https://skydrive.live.com.
What are the settings to update my iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch or my Blackberry, WindowsPhone, or Andriod device?
Most phones should automatically change to the new server. If you have trouble receiving email, please change your server settings from pod51000.outlook.com to outlook.office365.com.
Click here if you need help configuring your device.
INFORMATION AND SUPPORT
- For more information about the upgrade, see the Checklist for users.
- Search the knoWLedgebase using "365" for frequent questions and answers.
- If you have questions or need help, contact the HelpDesk at 458-4357 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.