Microsoft Office 365
Washington and Lee University now has a set of powerful email, web, and collaboration tools that can help you work faster and gain skills for the workplace. Microsoft Office 365 includes your favorite Office features online and allows you to create sophisticated reports and presentations, collaborate in real time with classmates, and share and edit documents from your phone, PC, or Mac. Office365 is free while you are a student.
What does this mean for you?
You have two separate accounts with the same user name and password that you use to access Live@edu.
- Office365 account. This account gives you access to your school email. Washington & Lee University administers this account.
- Personal Microsoft account. This personal account will give you access to all your existing SkyDrive content, Messenger, and other Microsoft services. Note that Washington & Lee University no longer administers this account. As a result, we cannot reset the password for you.
How do I access my mail account?
To access your email through a web browser, the URL for undergraduates and alums is http://outlook.com/mail.wlu.edu. The URL for law students and alums is http://outlook.com/law.wlu.edu.
What should you expect?
- Email. We use Microsoft Outlook Web Application or Microsoft Outlook to view and send email.
- File sharing. Use Microsoft SharePoint Online for sharing files and Office Web Apps for creating and reading documents.
- Instant messaging and online meetings. Use Microsoft Lync Online for both instant messaging and online meetings.
How do I sign into SkyDrive?
What are the settings to use Office 365 on my phone or tablet?
The server setting is outlook.office365.com. If you are having issues with that you can try m.outlook.com
Click here if you need help configuring your device.
INFORMATION AND SUPPORT
- Search the knoWLedgebase using "365" for frequent questions and answers.
- If you have questions or need help, contact the HelpDesk at 458-4357 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.