Welcome to Washington and Lee's online portal for applicants and new students!
CONFIRMED STUDENTS IN THE CLASS OF 2018:
If you have been admitted and paid your enrollment deposit, you will be notified via email when the NEW STUDENT GHQ is available to you, typically 7-10 days after paying the enrollment deposit (starting mid-April). The notification will be sent to the email address you provided on your Common Application.
In the NEW STUDENT GHQ, you will be able to:
- Access your University email account
- Access your financial aid account
- Update Family Information
- Complete Required Forms
- Housing Application
- Faculty Adviser Form and Class Facebook Consent Form
- Report of Medical History & Physical Examination Form
- Health Insurance Information Form
- Important Optional Forms
Watch your inbox! There is nothing you need to do before you receive email notification that the NEW STUDENT GHQ is ready for you.
Here at The Generals' Headquarters, applicants to W&L can monitor the progress of their applications and, eventually, receive their admissions decisions. If you have applied to W&L, here are some of the ways you might use the GHQ in the coming weeks:
- Check to see that W&L has received your application materials
- Create an art portfolio to supplement your application by uploading images, videos or audio recordings
- Update your contact information
- Connect with your admissions counselor
- Add updates to your application after you've submitted it, such as news of recent honors or accomplishments, additional writing samples, or other information you want W&L to know about
- When the time comes, receive your admission decision and indicate which college you plan to attend
First-Time Users: After we receive your application from the Common Application, you will receive an email from our admissions staff containing your log-in credentials for the Applicant GHQ. To log in you will need the email address associated with your application and the temporary password that was supplied in a confirmation email we sent after you applied. If you have misplaced your temporary password or have trouble logging in, please use the "Forgot Your Password?" button on the log in page to reset your password. Your new temporary password will be sent to the email address we have on file for your application.
Returning Users: Please log in to the applicant portal using the email address associated with your application and the password you have previously set. If you cannot remember your password, or have trouble logging in, please use the "Forgot Your Password?" button on the log in page to reset your password for your portal account. Your new temporary password will be sent to the email address we have on file.
If after resetting your password you still encounter trouble accessing the applicant portal, please contact us for assistance at (540) 458-8710 or email@example.com.