Students tell the W&L story best!
Approximately 20 dedicated undergraduate and law students make calls to alumni and parents as part of the Washington and Lee University Phonathon. Our student callers reach out to update information, share news from Lexington, hear about your W&L memories and experience, and ask for gifts to the Annual Fund. Students callers are essential to the success of the Annual Fund and to maintianing strong relationships with alumni and parents.
Become a Phonathon Caller
Students callers are essential to the success of the Annual Fund and to maintaining strong relationships with alumni and parents.
Callers are required to:
- Contact alumni and parents by telephone to solicit support for the W&L Annual Fund and share information about the university, including on-campus and regional events.
- Commit to 2-3 shifts per week.
- Arrive on time and with a positive attitude to scheduled calling sessions.
- Be knowledgeable about W&L and able to speak about the benefits of supporting it financially.
- Work with other Phonathon Callers in a team-oriented environment to further the development of the phonathon program.
- Sign the phoning program's confidentiality agreement and respect the confidentiality of alumni and parent information.
- Participate in required training for student callers.
- Competitive wages: Callers begin at $8.50/hour, with paid training, opportunities for bonuses, and annual pay increases.
- Build your resume: Develop strong public relations, fundraising, communication, and marketing skills.
- Network: Talk with alumni in various professions all across the United States. You never know who you might meet!
- Ideal work hours: evenings and weekends, with occasional day hours.
- Incentives: Besides incentives earned for meeting goals, the Phonathon provides snacks, beverages, and end-of-semester parties
If you have any questions, please contact Tiffany Washington at (540) 458-8038 or by email at email@example.com.