M.A. with Distinction in Dissertation, History of Art, 2001
Courtauld Institute of Art, London, England
Course option: "Intellectual Revolution: Art and Its Contexts in France, 1958-1981"
B.A. summa cum laude, Art History (hons.; Phi Beta Kappa [Int. 1998]), 1999
University of Denver, Denver, Colorado
I teach courses in American and European Art, 1750 to the present. My research specialization is Surrealist art and thought with particular concentration on Salvador Dalí's production after 1940.
Dalí: The Late Work (Yale University Press, New Haven, 2010). Catalogue for the exhibition at the High Museum of Art (Atlanta, GA), 7 August 2010-9 January 2011.
Dalí, Surrealism and Cinema (Kamera Books, Herts [UK], 2007).
Book Chapters, Collections, and Conference Proceedings
• "Falling to Heaven: Salvador Dalí, Marcel Pagés, and Levity at ‘the Centre of the Universe'," in Mary D. Edwards and Elizabeth Bailey (eds.), Gravity in Art: Essays on Weight and Weightlessness in Painting, Sculpture and Photography, McFarland, Jefferson, 2012, 253-264.
• "Denise aux anges," in Frédérique Joseph-Lowery and Isabelle Roussel-Gillet (eds.), Dalí sur les traces d'Eros, Éditions Notari, Geneva, 2010, 324-330.
• Contributions to Ted Gott (ed.), Dalí: Liquid Desire, National Gallery of Victoria, Melbourne, 2009.
• "Little Black Dress, Little Red Book: Dalí, Mao, and Monarchy (with Special Attention to Trajan's Glorious Testicles)," in Michael R. Taylor (ed.), The Dalí Renaissance: New Perspectives on His Life and Art after 1940, Philadelphia Museum of Art, Philadelphia, in association with Yale University Press, 2008, 90-111.
• "The Prodigious Story of the Lacemaker and the Rhinoceros," in Michael R. Taylor (ed.), The Dalí Renaissance: New Perspectives on His Life and Art after 1940, Philadelphia Museum of Art, Philadelphia, in association with Yale University Press, 2008, 190-204.
• "Crazy Movies That Disappear," in Matthew Gale (ed.), Dalí and Film, Tate Publishing, London / Museum of Modern Art, New York, 2007, 214-229.
• "Le temps dalínien fait mouche: Réflexions sur les « montres molles »," in Astrid Ruffa, Philippe Kaenel, Danielle Chaperon (eds.), Salvador Dalí à la croisée des savoirs, Éditions Desjonquères, Paris, 2007, 37-52.
• "Winged Fantasy with Lead Feet: The Influence of Llullism and Hiparxiologi on Dalí's Mysticism," in Hank Hine, William Jeffett and Kelly Reynolds (eds.), Persistence & Memory: New Critical Perspectives on Dalí at the Centennial, Bompiani Arte, Milan, 2004, 189-193.
• Contributions to Dawn Ades and Michael R. Taylor (eds.), Dalí, Bompiani Arte, Milan, 2004.
Consulting Curator, "Frida & Diego: Passion, Politics, and Painting," High Museum of Art (Atlanta, GA), 16 February-12 May 2013.
Guest Curator, "Dalí: The Late Work," High Museum of Art (Atlanta, GA), 7 August 2010-9 January 2011.