LACS Senior Poster Session
At a recent poster session in the Elrod Commons, six LACS students presented their findings from their Senior LACS capstone project course. The Senior capstone, or LACS 396, represents the culminating experience of the Minor in Latin American and Caribbean Studies. Each of the six carried out a significant research project framed by this year's topic of discussion: "Indo-America".
As the following lists demonstrates, this year's topics once again included a wide variety of interests:
- Erika Vaughn, "Deconstructing Borders: Aztecs in the Southeastern United States?"
- Keturah Nichols, "Mulata: The Representation of the Brazilian Woman as Presented by the Samba Dancer"
- Stephanie Brandão Carvalho, "The Other Pink Tide in Latin America"
- Benjamin A. Ersing, " ‘CELAC' & The South American Project".
- Lee Tackett, "Motivations and Reactions to New Latino Immigration in the United States"
- Claire Rasberry, "Asylum Adjudication and Communist Containment After the Passage of the 1980 Refugee Act"