Steps to Class Registration (Actual Registration)
1. When your registration window has opened:
- In WebAdvisor, click on "Course Registration" and then "Register and Make Changes." Since you can only register from courses in your preferred courses list, create your preferred course list with many sections in advance of your window opening, including multiple sections of the same course. To register, use the "Action" drop-down menu and select "Register."
- See sample registration screen shots below.
- You will not be allowed to register for or waitlist in a section if you are missing a prerequisite or do not have instructor consent and it is not already approved by the faculty member; or if you have not received adviser approval.
- Be familiar with the "Part or All" choices on the registration screen.
- Students must initiate contact with the instructor or department head for overrides.
- If a section is closed because the faculty-set limit has been reached, you may choose to "Waitlist" from the "Action" drop-down menu when waitlisting is open. You may not waitlist in a course if you were stopped in registration for missing a prerequisites, registration restrictions or instructor consent. See also detailed waitlisting information and screen shots.
- Select and register for a PE class just as you do regular academic classes. Simply pick the PE sections that you're interested in and add them to your preferred sections lists. When your window opens, you can register for any open PE section(s) of your choice. You can NOT add a 100- or 200- PE skills course if you've completed the four-PE FDR requirement.
2. This is real-time, section-based registration:
- Register for a full-time load (12-14 credits in fall or winter term, 4-5 credits in spring term).
- You may, at any time, view your current class schedule for current and future terms at WebAdvisor "My class schedule."