Instructor Consent Required
For courses requiring instructor consent, you must contact the faculty member and request approval to be eligible to register in their class.
- Instructor Consent courses are noted the Course Offering List.
- You can not register or waitlist into the class until consent is obtained and the faculty member gives you approval through WebAdvisor.
- If given consent to enroll in the course, you will receive an email notification and it will be noted on your "Holds and Registration Approvals" screen (see screen shot below).
- Please note that if the instructor is on sabbatical or a new or visiting professor cannot manage consents at a given time, the instructor on the course is listed as STAFF and the Dept. Head is also listed. The department head is not teaching the course, but is who you would contact for consent.
- Sample error message: ARTS-111-01 - Instructor consent is required to register for ARTS-111-01.
- NOTE: Online instructor consent does not register you into a closed course or change your waitlist status. You may receive instructor consent, but it does not guarantee a seat if the course closes.