If you hope to register for an overload -- more than 14 credits in Fall or Winter -- SUBMIT AN ONLINE REQUEST THROUGH THE WEBADVISOR LINK.
Overloads are not approved for Spring term. The application is also available at go.wlu.edu/Overload.
- If approved, the University Registrar's office will be notified of the new maximum number of credits for which you may register.
- The overload permission will go into effect immediately if you are a senior (or for fall, rising senior). For all other students, the permission for overload will not be effective until after everyone has had a chance to register for a normal course load and the initial class-year registration windows have closed. The exception to this is fall registration, since upper-class students are allowed to register for an overload prior to First-Year registration during orientation.
- You will know when your overload permission is active, because it will show up on your WebAdvisor "Holds and Registration Approvals" screen (see screen shot below). This notation does not show up until the permission is active in registration. Thus, you should sign up for your top choices first and then return to course registration to add your additional coursework, once the overload approval has gone into effect.
- Students are responsible to only register for the approved overload amount. For example, if you are approved for 15 credits, you should not register for 16 or more credits.
- Extreme course loads of 18 or more credits during the long terms must be approved by the Faculty Executive Committee, and you can make this petition in the same way with the WebAdvisor online approval request process.
- Specific to First-Year students: First-year students may register for up to 14 credits in their first term (fall term). In exceptional cases, permission for 15 credits - only because of a one-credit performing arts class - may be secured through the Assistant Dean for First-Year Experience. For first-term, first-year students, no overload permissions are given for over 15 credits. For winter term: First-year students must wait for final grades from their first term in order to request a Winter-term overload.
- Sample error message:Registration in PSYC-112-01 puts you in overload for UGR-WINTER TERM 2011. Overload approval is requested from WebAdvisor ‘Request for Overload'