Course Registration Links in WebAdvisor
Holds and Registration Approvals
- view administrative office holds, which you will need to clear in order to register;
- find out when your registration window opens and closes;
- check that your adviser has given online approval for you to register when your window opens; and
- view any individual instructor consents for registration into specific course sections.
Create Your Preferred List of Sections
- view the course offerings for a particular term;
- see which courses are open, which have a waiting list, and which are closed;
- select sections to add to your preferred course list (no limit although a couple hundred will crash your WebAdvisor account); and
- register if your window is open and requirements are met.
Register and Make Changes
- begin your actual registration from this link, once you have developed your preferred list (your "shopping cart") and your window is open.
- you can only register for courses listed in your preferred courses list, so create that list before your registration window opens.
Your Waitlisted Sections
- move sections from Waitlist to Register when an open seat is offered.
- remove waitlisted sections in which you are no longer interested.
- there is no immediate or 'automatic' process by which a student is clicked into the course from the waitlist. If a seat opens for a section and you are at the top of the waiting list (as managed by the faculty), you receive an e-mail notifying you of the opening and giving you a deadline to register for that seat, and to make any other adjustments to your schedule. If you miss the deadline, you lose the seat.