Undergraduate Commencement: May 27, 2010
W&L Awards Degrees to 411 Graduates
Tradition held at Washington and Lee University on Thursday, when the 411 members of the Class of 2010 received their diplomas in bright sunshine on the Front Campus.
Official commencement photos are available for purchase in the University Photo Store.
Where in the World?
An interactive map of where our graduates will go after graduation.
Class of 2010 Statistics:
- 20 graduates earned both a BA and BS degree (a school record).
- Including fall graduates, the Class of 2008 totaled 422 students
- The class earned the highest average cumulative GPA on record: 3.379
- Graduates completed 35 different majors. A record 31% completed more than one major. 2 graduates completed three majors.
- In the first year of students graduating with minors, 58 graduates (14%) completed at least one minor.
- Graduates in the class hailed from 37 states, Washington, D.C., and 15 other countries
- 27 graduates held citizenship from 19 other countries
- 37% of the class participated in a varsity sport for at least one season
Awards and Fellowships:
Honorary Degree Recipients:
Honor Society Initiates:
Law Commencement: May 8, 2010
The 154th commencement ceremony for the Washington and Lee University School of Law was held on Saturday, May 8, 2010, at 11:00 a.m., on the Front Lawn of the main campus.