Students who are currently seniors in high school or who have never taken college classes after graduating from high school should apply as first-year students.
An application includes:
- The Common Application with the W&L Supplement
- Secondary School Report Form, Counselor Recommendation and Official Transcript
- Official score reports from the SAT I (W&L's code is: 5887) or ACT with its writing section(4430)
- We recommend, though do not require, Two SAT Subject Tests - (In unrelated areas)
- Two Teacher recommendations
- Optional Johnson Scholarship Application (this is found on the W&L Writing Supplement to the Common Application)
- Mid Year Grades (when they become available)
- Final Grades (when they become available)
For international students living outside the US, click here for testing requirements.
Home-schooled students should click here for additional information about W&L's requirements
For more information about what our Admissions Committee looks for in reading applications, click here