Although Washington and Lee does not offer a pre-law major, it does provide a vast array of resources to students interested in pursuing careers in law. Because of its numerous pre-law resources and the outstanding education you will receive at W&L, there is perhaps no university that can better prepare you for law school. Here are just a few examples of W&L's pre-law resources:
• W&L's extensive Pre-law Studies website, available at http://www.wlu.edu/x35745.xml, offers guidance on everything from the application process to preparing for the LSAT preparation.
• Join Generals Interested in Legal Studies, a student organization devoted to servicing the needs of W&L's pre-law students.
Student Buzz: Laura J. Persun, Class of 2011, says, " Through . . . GILS, I have been notified whenever there is a speaker or a session at W&L, which is relevant to law school. The benefits I have obtained from these sessions are numerous. I am very fortunate that we now have a pre-law program at W&L; otherwise, I would be incredibly lost during this complicated process."
• Speak with a Pre-law Advisor to receive guidance on everything from how to draft your personal statement to selecting the right law school for you.
Student Buzz: Rome Perlman, Class of 2010 says, "The program has been very helpful, mostly in the application process. I know after talking the process over I felt much more relaxed and prepared."
• Attend W&L's numerous law-related speaking events.
• Attend a pre-law information session or workshop.
• Join the Law School Liaisons Mentoring Program, which pairs pre-law students with law school mentors.
• Take a law school class.
• Join W&L's Mock Trial Team.
We feel confident that W&L's vast array of pre-law resources will give you the tools to succeed in law school and beyond!
Should you have any questions regarding W&L's pre-law resources, feel free to contact any of the pre-law advisors at their respective email addresses, which are provided above.