Skip to:Main Content

Washington and Lee University

Washington and Lee University
Washington and Lee University Campus Image

University Withdrawal Policy


Withdrawing from Washington and Lee University

Students who withdraw voluntarily sever their connection with the University. Students must accomplish withdrawal during a term through the appropriate Dean (Dean of the College, Vice President for Student Affairs and Dean of Students, Dean of First-Year Students, or Associate Dean of the Law School for Student Services). A voluntary withdrawal will have an effect on academic grades and/or credits, refund of applicable fees, and access to University housing or other facilities. The University will consider students not returning for a subsequent term to have withdrawn voluntarily. Withdrawal forms are available on the University Registrar's Web site.