Over-exercising: Obsession with exercise to compensate for food intake.
- Exercising to get rid of body fat, cellulite and pounds that goes beyond "healthy" exercising by taking over your life.
- Working out several times per day.
- Beginning to plan your day around this rigid exercise regime.
- Spending more time exercising than with friends.
- May include disordered eating.
Warning Signs of Over-exercising:
- Low body weight.
- Tired and weak.
- Frequent injuries and stress fractures
Health Consequences of Over-exercising:
- stress fracture and osteoporosis
- degenerative arthritis
- amenorrea (loss of menstrual cycle) and reproductive problems
- heart problems.