Good health is essential to your academic success. Therefore, Washington and Lee University requires all full-time Undergraduate students with a minimum of 12 credit hours, International students and Graduate students to carry personal health insurance. If you do not currently have health coverage, you have the option of purchasing the Washington & Lee University sponsored plan insured with UnitedHealthcare. Please access information about this plan at www.firststudent.com - select Washington & Lee University from the drop down menu and click on "Brochures, Flyers & SBC."
If you already have a health insurance plan, you do not need to purchase the Washington and Lee University sponsored plan, but you must complete an insurance waiver form, even if you have already submitted the Student Health Insurance Information Form to the University. The form may be completed online at www.firststudent.com - select Washington and Lee University from the drop down menu and click on "Waive Your School's Insurance." To access the waiver form, you will need to enter your name, date of birth and Student ID number. You will also be asked to supply the following information about your current health insurance plan: the name of the insurance carrier, policyholder's name, policy number and toll free number for claims service.
If you are in need of health insurance, you may apply online at www.firststudent.com - select Washington and Lee University and click "Enroll Now - Health Insurance." If you do enroll, the cost of the student insurance will be billed to Your University account. Eligible Dependents, including Domestic Partners may also enroll in this plan on a voluntary basis.
This plan is underwritten by UnitedHealthcare Insurance Company and is based on policy 2013-1451-91. * Policy terms and conditions subject to regulatory approval. Please read the certificate of coverage to determine whether this plan is right for you before you enroll. The certificate of coverage provides details of the coverage including costs, benefits, exclusions, any reductions or limitations and the terms under which the coverage may be continued in force. Copies of the certificate are available from the University, or may be viewed and downloaded at www.firststudent.com. If you have any questions, please contact Customer Service at 800-505-4160 or email@example.com. The Policy is a Non-Renewable One-Year Term Policy.
Highlights of the Coverage and Services offered by UnitedHealthcare StudentResources are:
● Up to $500,000 Per Insured Person, Per Policy Year Maximum Benefit for Covered Medical Expenses.
● $100 Deductible Per Insured Person, Per Policy Year for Preferred Providers, $400 Deductible Per Insured Person, Per Policy Year for Out of Network Providers.
● Covered Medical Expenses for Preferred Providers are payable at 80% of Preferred Allowance and Out of Network benefits are payable at 60% of Usual and Customary charges (all benefits are subject to satisfaction of the deductible, specific benefit limitations, maximums and copays as described in the policy).
● Prescription Drug Benefits: prescription drugs are paid at $15/$30/$45 copay up to a 31-day supply.
● The Preferred Provider Network for this plan is UnitedHealthcare Choice Plus. Preferred Providers can be found using the following link, www.firststudent.com
● Scholastic Emergency Services - Domestic Students are covered when 100 miles or more away from their campus or home address. International Students are covered worldwide except in their home country.
● MyAccount, available through www.firststudent.com, allows insured students access 24/7 to check their claim status, search for network providers, print ID cards, enter accident details, view EOBs and enter additional insurance information online.
● Included with every policy, the UnitedHealth Allies® discount program provides 5% to 50% savings on dental and vision services, fitness clothing and equipment, and textbooks from McGraw-Hill Professional. The UnitedHealth Allies program is not insurance and is offered by UnitedHealth Allies, a UnitedHealth Group company.
● How do I enroll/Waive?
To complete the Enroll / Waive process, please go to www.firststudent.com, select your school from the drop down box, click on the "Enroll Now" or "Waive Your School's Insurance" button, and follow instructions.
● When do I Enroll/Waive in the Plan?
Annual and Fall Waiver Deadline Date - August 31, 2013
Spring/Summer Waiver Deadline Date - January 15, 2014
8/15/13 - 8/14/14
1/15/14 - 8/14/14
|Each Child||$1,505||$ 892|
For additional information, please contact RCM&D 800-346-4075 and or email Studentinsurance@RCMD.com.
Please be aware that this student health insurance coverage, offered by UnitedHealthcare Insurance Company may not meet the minimum standards required by the healthcare reform law for restrictions on annual dollar limits. The annual dollar limits ensure that consumers have sufficient access to medical benefits throughout the annual term of the policy. Restrictions for annual dollar limits for group and individual health insurance coverage are $1.25 million for policy years before September 23, 2012; and $2 million for policy years beginning on or after September 23, 2012 but before January 1, 2014. Restrictions on annual dollar limits for student health insurance coverage are $100,000 for policy years before September 23, 2012 and $500,000 for policy years beginning on or after September 23, 2012, but before January 1, 2014. This student health insurance coverage puts a policy year limit of $500,000 that applies to the essential benefits provided in the Schedule of Benefits unless otherwise specified. If you have any questions or concerns about this notice, contact Customer Service at 1-800-505-4160. Be advised that you may be eligible for coverage under a group health plan of a parent's employer or under a parent's individual health insurance policy if you are under the age of 26. Contact the plan administrator of the parent's employer plan or the parent's individual health insurance issuer for more information.