1. Read these instructions in their entirety before you start the assesment test. If the instructions are not fully clear to you, feel free to contact one of the three names above prior to taking the test.
2. A user name is not required when you begin the testing process; however, you will be required to enter the password - test - in order to pass through the gateway.
3. Once the password is typed, click on login.
4. Select your language (French or Spanish). Click begin.
5. Type in required information as specified here -- First Name (no nicknames), Last Name, and Email Address. No other information is needed. Look to the right on the information screen, and note RESUME instructions for actions to take if the test is interrupted for any reason.
6. Scroll to the bottom of the page and click continue.
7. Read the provided instructions very carefully. DO NOT USE THE BACK BUTTON AT ANY TIME DURING THE TEST.
8. Complete the practice question. Select your answer using your mouse. Click on submit answer.
9. Now you are ready to start the actual test. Review carefully the instructions provided for each question before reading the question and answer choices.
10. Questions will stop automatically, and this means the test is over.
11. At this point you will see a screen that has the following type of information:
Name: YOUR NAME
ID Number: (blank)
E-mail: YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS
Started: 12:35 PM Sun 30 Jun 2013
Ended: 12:56 PM Sun 30 Jun 2013
Duration: 0 hours 21 minutes
12. Make note of the points. These points are a raw score which the Department of Romance Languages will receive. You will also need to complete the Foreign Language Assesment Testing sheet, given to you by your professor or the TMC assistant on duty. Complete this sheet and give it to the TMC assistant on duty after completing steps 13 and 14 below.
13. Scroll down and click on finished. The raw score data will now be transferred to WLU and compiled.
14. If you fail to click on finished, no valid raw score will be submitted.
15. After reading all the above instructions, go to WebCAPE to begin the testing process.