University of Virginia, MD
University of Virginia, Residency in Family Medicine
Johns Hopkins Dept of Art as Applied to Medicine
The Effective Use of Visual Material in Teaching Biology. Biology is one of the most visual subjects taught in college. Hence, the effective use of photography, illustration, video, animation, and design greatly enhances a students understanding of biological concepts, as well as exposing them to the wonder and drama that Biology embodies. I have spent much of my career exploring how to best present the beautiful and abundant visual material that distinguishes the fields of Biology.
Biology 104 - Biological Illustration (Spring 2010)
Biological Illustration (at Shoals Marine Laboratory)
Hickman CP Jr., Chiriboga A, Ober WC: A Field Guide to Corals of Galapagos. Sugar Spring Press, 2005.
2. Animal Diversity, 4E. Hickman CP, Jr., Roberts LS, Keen S, Larson A, and Eisenhour D. McGraw Hill Higher Education, 2007.
3. Marine Biology, 7E. Castro P, and Huber M. McGraw Hill Higher Education. 2008
4. Human Anatomy, 6E. Martini F, Tallitsch R, and Timmons M. Pearson Education. 2008
5. Fundamentals of Anatomy & Physiology, 8E. Martini F and Nath J. Pearson Education. 2008
6. Human Physiology, 4E. Silverthorn D. Pearson Education. 2006
7. Essentials of Anatomy & Physiology, 4E. Martini F, and Bartholomew E. Pearson Education. 2006.