Lab Technician, ChemistryScience Addition AB03
- The Florida State University, Tallahassee, Florida.
Masters of Science in Analytical Chemistry, spring 1995.
- Western Washington University, Bellingham, Washington.
Bachelor of Science in Chemistry, December 1990.
- Northwestern Michigan College, Traverse City, Michigan.
Associate of Science in Physical Sciences, May 1985.
Presentations and Publications
- May 1994 Florida Regional American Chemical Society meeting presented: "Electroluminescence in Thin Polymer Films."
- January 1993 Published: "Spatially Resolved UV-VIS Characterization of Radiation-Induced Color Centers in Poly (Styrene) and Poly (Vinyl Toluene)," Journal of Radiation Physics and Chemistry, Pergamon Press, 1993, pp. 57-64.
- December 1992 Joint Southeastern-Middle-Atlantic Regional Meeting of the American Chemical Society presented: "Radiation damage in Polymers".
- April 1992 International Conference on Radiation-Tolerant Plastic Scintillators and Detectors in Tallahassee, FL presented: "A New Way to Measure Gaseous Diffusion Coefficients in Polymers."
- February 1992 Poster session entitled: "Radiation Resistance of Plastic Scintillators" at the Florida Advanced Materials Chemistry conference.
- Extensive experience in wet chemical methods and in many forms chromatography, spectroscopy and microscopy. Including: FTNMR, FTIR, NIR, GC, HPLC, GPC, UV-VIS, AA, XRF, Fluorescence, and Electroluminescence. Well versed in the physical and chemical characterization of polymers.
- Skilled in the use of personal computers, including custom programming, instrument interfacing, electronic communications, word processing, and data manipulation.
- Adept at the communication of technical information and procedures as a result of managing an ISO 9000 lab, three semesters of laboratory teaching experience, and several years of tutoring Chemistry, Math, and Physics.
- Polymer research results are published in Chemistry Journals and have been presented at professional seminars.
- Experienced in working with radiolabelled compounds.