Sidney Gause Childress Professor in the ArtsWilson Hall 3016(540) firstname.lastname@example.org
Link to CV
Ph.D., History of Art; 1993.
Dissertation: "S. Maria degli Angeli and the Arts: Patronage, Production and Practice in a Trecento Florentine Monastery"
M.A., History of Art; 1988
B.A., Highest Honors in History; 1985.
Honors Thesis: "National Socialism and the Austrian Anschluss"
- Medieval Art in Southern Europe
- Medieval Art in Northern Europe
- Gothic Art in Northern Europe
- Northern Renaissance Art
- Medieval Art in Italy
- Italian Renaissance Art
- Early Renaissance Art in Florence
- The High Renaissance in Italy
- Approaches to Art History
- Book: Monastic Art in Lorenzo Monaco's Florence: Painting and Patronage in Santa Maria degli Angeli, 1300-1415 (Lewiston, NY, 2006).
- Book: Early Renaissance Art (Boulder, 2002).
- Book: with Charles Minott, Gothic Art (Boulder, 2002).
- "Andrea di Bonaiuto," "Giovanni del Biondo," "Bonamico Buffalmacco," and "Master of the Legend of Saint Francis," in Encyclopedia of Medieval Italy (Garland Publishers, New York), 2004.
- "A Patron for Lorenzo Monaco's Uffizi Coronation of the Virgin," Art Bulletin 82 (2000), 348-54.
- "Late Gothic Art in Italy," The Art Historian, vol. I, CD-ROM textbook (Reindeer publishers, 1996).
- "The Early Renaissance," The Art Historian, vol. II, CD-ROM textbook (Reindeer publishers, 1996).
- "The Scriptorium at S. Maria degli Angeli and Fourteenth-Century Manuscript Illumination: Don Silvestro dei Gherarducci, Don Lorenzo Monaco, and Giovanni del Biondo," Zeitschrift für Kunstgeschichte 55 (1992), 507-523.
- "Painted Crucifix," Master of the Corsi Crucifix. Allen Memorial Art Museum Catalog, forthcoming."Martyrdom of St. Lawrence," Maestro delle vitae Imperatorum. Allen Memorial Art Museum Catalog, forthcoming.
- Review: John Richards, Altichiero: An Artist and His Patrons in the Italian Trecento, in Renaissance Quarterly LIV (Autumn, 2001), 942-43.
- Review: Hayden B.J. Maginnis, The World of the Early Sienese Painter, in CAA.Reviews (http://www.caareviews.org/reviews/maginnis2.html).
- Review: Mary Hollingsworth, Patronage in Renaissance Italy: From 1400 to the Early Sixteenth Century, in Renaissance Quarterly 51 (1998).
- Review: Norman. Land, The Viewer as Poet: The Renaissance Response to Art , in SECAC Review 13 (1996), 61-63.