W&L Honors Graduates at Commencement Exercises June 5
Washington and Lee University celebrated its undergraduate commencement on Thursday, June 5, on its historic Front Lawn in front of Lee Chapel. Sunny skies greeted 431 graduates of the Class of 2008 as family, friends and the University community celebrated their accomplishments.
Official commencement photos will be available for purchase in the University Photo Store on or before June 12, 2008.
- 11 students earned both a BA and BS degree.
- Including fall graduates, the Class of 2008 totaled 438 students, the second largest in W&L's history
- Graduates completed 40 different majors including three different independent work majors; and a record 29% completed more than one major
- Students in the class hailed from 38 states, Washington, D.C., and 13 other countries
- 24 students held citizenship from 16 other countries
- A record 63% spent time abroad either on approved study abroad or some other significant experience abroad
Looking Ahead: Students reflect on four years at W&L
A Class in Review: News and Notes on the Class of 2008
Awards and Fellowships:
2007 Student Summer Independent Research Grants:
Honor Society Initiates:
Extracurricular Awards and Accomplishments: