Policies and Reservations for Faculty/Staff
ITS provides HP laptop computers, MacBooks, and iPads to faculty and staff for short-term business travel. This pool of computers is intended to meet the off-campus travel needs not otherwise met by the normal portable classroom presentation equipment.
- Laptops may be reserved up to six months in advance on a first-come first-served basis.
- Reservations will be limited to a maximum of three weeks.
- Under no circumstances will a reservation be accepted for usage of a personal nature.
- Laptops will be configured with standard office software. No additional software will be added.
- The laptop disk image will be "frozen", meaning that the laptop reconfigures itself to the original setup upon reboot. An area will be set aside on the local disk drive that will allow users to save local data that will not be overwritten upon reboot.
- Replacement or repair costs related to lost or damaged items may be charged to the user’s department based on the specific circumstances of the incident.
To reserve a travel laptop, make your request in Web Help Desk. A feature of this system is you will receive a confirmation e-mail and be able to track your request. In the Detail section please note the reason for the Travel/Destination. You will also need to specify the pick up and drop off date and time. When creating tickets follow this path
- Request Type: Equipment Reservations
- Laptop/MacBook for Travel or iPad (Fac/Staff Only)
If you need any assistance please call Extension 4357 (HELP).