Center for International Education
Upcoming EventsThere are no scheduled events at this time.
International Education at Washington and Lee strives to create an effective global learning environment by providing leadership, administrative oversight, and broad support for international learning and global engagement. Its primary functions are:
- To develop, guide, and monitor opportunities for overseas learning by students;
- To support faculty logistically in their international research, teaching, and curricular development;
- To advise and assist students, faculty and visitors from abroad in their integration into and involvement with the university and the local community; and
- To promote the ideals of global citizenship, intercultural appreciation, and mutual understanding in a rapidly changing world.
- Radio IE
Recent shows feature conversations with Dr. Anne Wallis on issues related to health, Prof. Mark Drumbl on the School of Law's Transnational Institute, and Dr. Morris Berman on the decline of the U.S. as a global power.
W&L International News
- Student Researchers Travel the World to Preserve Iconic Paintings
A team of students traveled between France, Norway and Denmark this summer to determine why certain pigments in iconic paintings are fading, and to determine how to stop the process.
- Mellon Foundation Grant to Enhance International Education at W&L
The Andrew W. Mellon Foundation has awarded Washington and Lee University a four-year, $577,000 grant in support of the University's efforts to enhance the quality of programs and projects in international education.
- W&L Boosts the Value of Study-Abroad Experience for Students
With college graduates looking for an edge as they enter the job market, does listing a study-abroad experience on one's résumé make a difference to potential employers?
- Boetsch Addresses Opening Assembly of W&L Reunions
Laurent Boetsch, director of international education at Washington and Lee, delivered the keynote address for the University's annual Alumni Weekend on Thursday, May 2.
- W&L Sophomore Wins Davis Projects for Peace Grant
Emmanuel Abebrese, a Washington and Lee University sophomore, has won a $10,000 grant from the Davis Projects for Peace 2013.