Center for International Education
Upcoming EventsThere are no scheduled events at this time.
International Education at Washington and Lee strives to create an effective global learning environment by providing leadership, administrative oversight, and broad support for international learning and global engagement. Its primary functions are:
- To develop, guide, and monitor opportunities for overseas learning by students;
- To support faculty logistically in their international research, teaching, and curricular development;
- To advise and assist students, faculty and visitors from abroad in their integration into and involvement with the university and the local community; and
- To promote the ideals of global citizenship, intercultural appreciation, and mutual understanding in a rapidly changing world.
W&L International News
- Davis Projects for Peace Awards Two Grants to W&L Seniors
Two seniors at Washington and Lee University have each received a $10,000 Davis Projects for Peace grant. While a W&L senior has won this award each year since its inception, "this is a rare result in the competition and speaks to the quality of both proposals," said Larry Boetsch, director of international education at W&L.
- New Program at W&L Introduces American Students to an International Student's Home Country
Five international students at Washington and Lee University will each take an American schoolmate home for the summer to perform service projects and introduce the people and cultures of their countries.
- Sir Crispin Tickell to Lecture on Climate Change
Sir Crispin Tickell, a former British diplomat with particular interest in the relationship between the environment, politics and business, will give a lecture at Washington and Lee University on May 5, at 5:30 p.m. in Northen Auditorium in Leyburn Library.
- First Mellon Faculty Seminar to Focus on Human Rights in Africa
The first Andrew W. Mellon Foundation Faculty Seminar, titled "Human Rights in Africa: A Transdisciplinary Approach," will take place during the 2015-16 academic year at Washington and Lee University.
- Ambassador Chun Yungwoo of South Korea will Give a Lecture at VMI
Ambassador Chun Yungwoo (åè±å®ãì²ìì°), of South Korea, will give a lecture sponsored by Washington and Lee University on March 25 at 8 p.m. in JM Hall (the chapel) at Virginia Military Institute. The talk is free and open to the public.