Center for International Education
International Education at Washington and Lee strives to create an effective global learning environment by providing leadership, administrative oversight, and broad support for international learning and global engagement. Its primary functions are:
- To develop, guide, and monitor opportunities for overseas learning by students;
- To support faculty logistically in their international research, teaching, and curricular development;
- To advise and assist students, faculty and visitors from abroad in their integration into and involvement with the university and the local community; and
- To promote the ideals of global citizenship, intercultural appreciation, and mutual understanding in a rapidly changing world.
W&L International News
- Ambassador Chun Yungwoo of South Korea will Give a Lecture at VMI
Ambassador Chun Yungwoo (åè±å®ãì²ìì°), of South Korea, will give a lecture sponsored by Washington and Lee University on March 25 at 8 p.m. in JM Hall (the chapel) at Virginia Military Institute. The talk is free and open to the public.
- Executive-in-Residence Leland Miller '98 to Give Talk on China's Economy on March 10
Leland Miller '98, CEO of China Beige Book International, will give a talk, "Demystifying China's Economy in 2015," at 7:30 p.m. on Mar. 10 in Stackhouse Theater. This event is free and open to the public. Investors and policymakers obsess over the growth of China's economy, but what is actually happening across regions and sectors […]
- Mark Rush, Waxberg Professor of Politics and Law, to Direct Center for Global Learning
Mark Rush, the Stanley D. and Nikki Waxberg Professor of Politics and Law at Washington and Lee University, has been appointed the next director of W&L's Center for Global Learning.
- W&L to Launch Construction of $13.5 Million Center for Global Learning
Construction of a new $13.5 million Center for Global Learning at Washington and Lee University has received final approval from the university's board of trustees and is scheduled to begin the last week of May. Completion of the final phase of the center depends on completing the remaining $1.5 million of the fundraising goal.
- W&L Awards Two Global Learning Leadership Prizes
Washington and Lee University has awarded Global Learning Leadership Prizes to two seniors for 2014. The recipients are Johan (Manuel) Garcia Padilla, a native of Mexico from Mount Vermont, Wash., and a Spanish major with a minor in Latin American and Caribbean studies, and Johnson scholar Haley Smith, a double major in biology and environmental science, from Asheville, N.C.