Center for International Education
|French Table in the Marketplace
The Marketplace, Elrod Commons
Mar 5, 12:15 PM
Mar 5, 7:00 PM
|Resume Writing Workshop for International Students
Elrod Commons #345
Mar 10, 5:30 PM
|Public Lecture--Johannes Bronkhorst, Prof. Emeritus, University of Lausanne
Northen Auditorium, Leyburn Library
Mar 17, 5:30 PM
|Advice on the Job Search from International Students
Chavis Board Room, Elrod Commons #206
Mar 24, 12:20 PM
International Education at Washington and Lee strives to create an effective global learning environment by providing leadership, administrative oversight, and broad support for international learning and global engagement. Its primary functions are:
- To develop, guide, and monitor opportunities for overseas learning by students;
- To support faculty logistically in their international research, teaching, and curricular development;
- To advise and assist students, faculty and visitors from abroad in their integration into and involvement with the university and the local community; and
- To promote the ideals of global citizenship, intercultural appreciation, and mutual understanding in a rapidly changing world.
W&L International News
- Executive-in-Residence Leland Miller '98 to Give Talk on China's Economy on March 10
Leland Miller '98, CEO of China Beige Book International, will give a talk, "Demystifying China's Economy in 2015," at 7:30 p.m. on Mar. 10 in Stackhouse Theater. This event is free and open to the public. Investors and policymakers obsess over the growth of China's economy, but what is actually happening across regions and sectors […]
- Mark Rush, Waxberg Professor of Politics and Law, to Direct Center for Global Learning
Mark Rush, the Stanley D. and Nikki Waxberg Professor of Politics and Law at Washington and Lee University, has been appointed the next director of W&L's Center for Global Learning.
- W&L to Launch Construction of $13.5 Million Center for Global Learning
Construction of a new $13.5 million Center for Global Learning at Washington and Lee University has received final approval from the university's board of trustees and is scheduled to begin the last week of May. Completion of the final phase of the center depends on completing the remaining $1.5 million of the fundraising goal.
- W&L Awards Two Global Learning Leadership Prizes
Washington and Lee University has awarded Global Learning Leadership Prizes to two seniors for 2014. The recipients are Johan (Manuel) Garcia Padilla, a native of Mexico from Mount Vermont, Wash., and a Spanish major with a minor in Latin American and Caribbean studies, and Johnson scholar Haley Smith, a double major in biology and environmental science, from Asheville, N.C.
- W&L Seniors Win Davis Projects for Peace Grant
Darby Shuler and Johan (Manuel) Garcia Padilla, seniors at Washington and Lee University, have won a $10,000 grant from the Davis Foundation Projects for Peace 2014. The grant will fund their work in El Salvador this summer to provide amputees with prosthetic hands created by a 3D printer.