The Office of Human Resources is committed to supporting the University in achieving its employment and employee-related goals and objectives. We will accomplish our mission by developing and implementing policies, programs, and services that balance the efficient use of University resources, while effectively addressing the collective needs of our faculty, staff and administrators. We will continue to engage in value-added initiatives by:
- Developing and maintaining a system for non-faculty employment and selection that is responsive to the needs of departments and is free of discriminatory biases.
- Providing a comprehensive insurance and benefits program for all employees.
- Continuously investigating new benefit offerings that are responsive to the needs of employees.
- Refining and implementing a performance development plan that recognizes the contributions of non-faculty employees and encourages personal and professional growth.
- Implementing a personal and professional development strategy that equips our employees with relevant knowledge and skills to continue to provide high quality services.
- Working in collaboration with the University administration to implement a compensation strategy that positively impacts performance while addressing external competitiveness and internal equity.
- Developing and implementing a staff classification system that represents relevant position responsibilities and qualifications.
- Continuously reviewing our department policies and procedures in an effort to improve our services.
- Exploring new ways to incorporate technology in the efficient delivery of human resources services.
The Human Resources Department is open every weekday from 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. The office is located at 204 W. Washington St., Lexington, Virginia. Individuals seeking employment may visit in person, or view our vacancies on the web.